Monday 4 May 2015

Creating The Balance


11 1/2 Weeks Old
I never really thought that I would ever be able to sit down for 10 minutes, have a cup of tea, a biscuit or check Facebook without feeling guilty. Whether it was guilt for not paying to attention to Zoe for a few minutes, or for not doing household chores like the laundry, the washing up or simply making the bed. I guess this is what they call Mummy guilt? 
Obviously in the beginning when she slept all the time it was super easy - well I say that, I found myself exhausted all the time, and the thought of having to get up and take washing upstairs was even more draining. 
Now Zoe is 10 months old, I find everything much easier. She happily amuses herself, playing with her toys. I can take her into the kitchen and leave her on the floor with a few kitchen things and do the washing up, make some lunch, without her screaming or crying at me for attention. I can hang the washing outside whilst she tries to catch the cat, or Zoe pulls it out of the basket onto the dirty floor. And then while she sleeps I get the time for myself, to watch the program that I missed the other day because she insisted on stealing the remote and pressing all the buttons. Or do the kitchen jobs quicker so that I can spend more time with her between nap times. 
Nap times = me time.
So now whilst she sleeps, I can have that 10 minutes. That cup of tea. My fix of the hot guy in my favourite TV program. Write this blog (which is a completely new thing to me!)
9 1/2 Months Old

No comments:

Post a Comment